1. ALL Conference, Banquet and Event rates include 5 % River State Tax, 5 % and 10 % Service Charge.
2. The client is required to pay a minimum of 50 % of the entire quote at least 14 days before the event to
reserve the venue.
3. The remaining 50 % of the quote needs to be paid within 7 days before the event to confirm the
function and solidify the services relevant to the function.
4. Any further outstanding amounts facilitated by the function should be settled on presentation of the
invoice on departure from the Hotel.
5. Should you have authorized credit facilities with NOVOTEL PORT HARCOURT please forward a copy
of a signed company order / voucher direct to the hotel on or before 14 days prior to the function.
6. CANCELLATION FEE --
Up to 7 days prior to arrival, 10% of the entire quote will applicable as a cancellation fee. -
7 to 0 days prior to arrival, 100% of the entire quote will be applicable as a cancellation fee.
7. The above review dates have been devised in the hope of developing mutual understanding and
professionalism, to establish whether or not rooms should be released back to the hotel, in order to
safeguard our mutual interests and prevent any losses.
8. The Hotel reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event
of any damage to, or destruction of the allocated rooms by fire, vis major act of God, any shortage of
labour or food supplies, strikes, lockouts, and industrial unrest, or any other causes beyond the control
of the Hotel which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking.
9. Neither the Hotel nor its agents or employees shall be liable for any damages or loss which may be
caused to any of the goods of the client, its employees or invitees brought into the premises for
whatever reason, not to any injury or loss of life to the client or its employees or invitees howsoever
caused. The client further indemnifies and holds harmless the Hotel against any claim that may be
made against the Hotel by any third party relating to the provisions of the clause.
10. The client shall be responsible for any damage caused to the allocated rooms, furnishings, utensils and
equipment therein, by any act or omission of the client or guests/employee of the client.
11. The client shall not be entitled to:
paint, affix or attach to the function room provided any advertising signs, notices or other matter
without the prior written consent of the Hotel which shall not be unreasonably withheld;
drive into the walls, floor, partition or doors of the function room any screws or nails in a manner
calculated to damage same.
12. All day and evening functions must terminate by 17h00 and 23h00 respectively, unless a later time is
specifically agreed in writing with the Hotel, at the time the booking is made. Functions finishing after
these times will attract a venue hire fee of N50, 000, 00 (Fifty thousand Naira) per hour or part thereof,
to cover the costs of staff overtime, transport and/or accommodation.