It’s never easy to plan a wedding thinking about all the logistics alone is enough to give you a headache.
However, with the time-based schematic below, you should be able to pull things off:
Over a year to go
OK, you’re engaged. Congratulations. Now, roll up your sleeves because it’s time to work.
- Pick a date (remember to be flexible. For now, you can pick at least three dates)
- Plan your budget. Get those who are contributing to it and determine who’s paying what
- Choose our wedding style (what do you want your wedding to look like?). Set out the details and have a framework
- Choose the train; groomsmen, Maid of Honor, Best Man, bridesmaids, etc.
- Explore options for your venue; both for the reception, wedding itself, engagement, etc.
- Contact the required professionals to help you out; vendors, photographer, wedding planner, florist, DJ, etc.
- Reserve the venues. It’s better late, right?
- Select the outfits for you and your wedding party
- Book ministers, wedding officials, etc.
- Send messages to your guests so they can save the date (at this point, you should have a date already)
- Book fitness regimens and have a plan to stay fit for the big day (those abs won’t build themselves, right?)
- Book the hotels for your guests
- Refine the guest list to make room for any removals and additions
- Browse for nice designs for your wedding invitations
- Start thinking of beauty tips; hair, make up styles, etc.
- Iron out the details of the wedding with your wedding planner, the officials, vendors, etc.
- Make sure to keep tabs on vendors as well!
- Personalize your invitation and have it ordered
- Start and finalize plans for your honeymoon. There’s no point thinking about this on your wedding day.
- Order the cake
- Prepare a list of songs for the DJ or musicians (basically a list of “play/don’t play” songs)
- Finish up the guest list and work on sending invitations
- Get seating arrangements planned for the wedding and reception
- Chose verse readers and passages as well. It’s still a wedding.
- What’s up with the vendors? Are they ready?
- Menu cards, party favors etc. should be on ground already
- Organize the RSVPs
- Send out wedding invitations and follow them up
- Write the vows
- Go over the details of the ceremony with the planner and officials
- Follow up on the vendors!
- Try to see to transport for your out-of-town guests
- Go over the playlist with the DJ or musician
- Get gifts and souvenirs for your guests ready
The day’s getting closer!
- Finalize details with all your vendors
- Pick up the rings
- Get your marriage license
- How do your clothes fit? (time to see what those months of fitness regimens have and diets yielded)
- How many people do you have? Get a count, add a little more, and send them to the caterers
- Finalize on transport plans
- Pay vendors and other workers
- Prepare an “emergency kit”
- Treat yourself. You sure deserve it
The day before
- Get sufficient body treatment
- Organize a rehearsal for all functioning parties
- Time for the bachelor/bachelorette party
- Sleep early
- Eat well. You’ll need a god breakfast and all the energy you can get
- Get the rings to the Best Man
- Relax and enjoy your day
Image: Bijou Weddings