“In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged” – Hans Nouwens. Every word in the above quote is true. If you think that a long distance relationship will not last, think again. Long distance relationships strengthen with time if one strives hard for it. This should be done from both sides. Listed here are some ways to improve your long distance relationship, read on.
1. Firstly, Work towards a balanced approach: One can improve a long distance relationship with a balanced approach. And, what is that? Well, a balanced approach is based on trust, loyalty, and great understanding. Trust him if you really love him. If jealousy creeps in, love will not survive. Be loyal to him, this is the best way to improve the relationship. Time and again, prove your love for test of loyalty. Lastly, keep an understanding. If he cannot call you or contact you, there would be a reason. Misunderstanding will only make the problem worse.
2. Communicate in any way: Communicating is important and not the way you do it. Communicate on a daily basis through any medium. This could be with phone, email, video chat and or any other mode. Share photos daily via applications. Give each other details of daily happenings. Sharing and communicating will help to strengthen your love with time. This is the best way to improve the relationship. Send e-cards or digital cards to make him feel special.
3. Be open on other issues: Be open on other issues such as finance, health, and future. It is important to talk about commitment to improve the long distance relationship. Discuss matters of finance and family with him. The minute you hide something from him is the minute you breach the trust. Being open in a long distance relationship not only improves the relationship but also strengthens the bond of love.
4. Connect at emotional level :This is probably the best way to improve a long distance relationship is to connect with your partner at an emotional level. Emotional connectivity can help to maintain the relationship in a much better way. Emotional connectivity also builds trust and honesty in a long distance relationship.
5. Be flexible and patient: Finally, it is important to be tolerant in a long distance relationship because not everything will be accessible. So be open, patient and flexible and you will be the winner at the end of the day.
Who says long distance relationships don’t work……
Image: Brunette diaries